Frequently Asked Questions – Find answers to your questions through the NNC Solutions support center.
How to reset your iPhone device
How to reset your Samsung device
eSIM card installation
Partial charges: I notice that partial charges have been added to my TELUS invoice. What are these charges?
*Examples of partial charges calculated with the Peace of Mind plan ($55.25) from December 4 to December 10.
The TELUS billing cycle is determined randomly. It begins when the cell phone line is activated. Therefore, it is when the agreement is filed, not when it is signed.
Every TELUS mobile customer gets assigned to a billing cycle. At the start of each billing cycle, you’ll be charged for your regular monthly services, which are billed one month in advance.
Partial charges are prorated from the date of activation of the cell phone line to the date of the billing cycle based on the plan selected. In the example above, a partial charge of $12.89 has been added to the bill.
Activation date : December 4
Determined billing cycle date : December 11
Plan : Peace of Mind – $55.25
Calculation : ($55.25 / 30 days) * 7 days (December 4 to December 10 inclusive) = $12.89.
Why use the Bring-It-Back Program?
It’s a simple way to lower your monthly payments. If you choose to use the Bring-It-Back Program, at the end of your 24-month agreement, you will be given two options:
a) Return your device in perfect condition to TELUS;
b) Keep your device and pay back the sum of the monthly fees saved during the last 24 months (called the Bring-It-Back Program amount).
Depending on the promotions, some devices may offer a greater discount with the Bring-It-Back Program.
- Exemple 1 : Sam picked the $55.25 plan with the 64GB iPhone 12 at $29,58 per month with the Bring-It-Back Program. It was $43,33 without the Bring-It-Back Program.
- At the end of the 24 months, he will have the opportunity to return the device in perfect condition to TELUS or buy it back for $330.
- Bring-It-Back Program Amount Calculation : ($43.33 – $29.58) * 24 months = $330.
- Exemple 2 : Sam picked the $55.25 plan with the 128GB Samsung S21 at $11,50 per month with the Bring-It-Back Program. It was $37,08 without the Bring-It-Back Program.
- At the end of the 24 months, he will have the opportunity to return the device in perfect condition to TELUS or buy it back for $230.
- Bring-It-Back Program Amount Calculation: ($37.08 – $11.50) * 24 months = $613,92.
Additional savings $613,92 – $230 = $383,92.
- In this case, the Bring-It-Back Program saves you an additional $383.92 ($613.92 – $230) if you decide to buy it back at the end of 24 months.
For more information, please refer to the following link: https://www.telus.com/en/qc/support/article/telus-bring-it-back-device-upgrade-explained
What is a SIM card? and an eSIM?
- The Subscriber Identity Module (SIM, for short) is a way for customers to connect to the TELUS network
- Can be either a physical SIM card (pSIM) or an embedded SIM (eSIM)
- An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan from TELUS without having to use a physical SIM
- When using a physical SIM card and an eSIM , you can use two phone numbers on one smartphone. Both the phone numbers can make and receive voice calls, and send and receive text messages (SMS) and multimedia messages (MMS).
- This means you can have your personal and business phone numbers on one device or you can add a second phone line when travelling internationally.
What devices are compatible with an eSIM?
- iPhone XS, XS Max, XR or newer
- iPhone SE (2nd generation) or newer
Android (Samsung, Google)
- Google Pixel 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL or newer
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra (January 2022 software update or later)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (software version ending in BUK8 or later)
- Samsung Galaxy S22 5G , Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G , Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S23 , Samsung Galaxy S23+, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G (June 2022 software update or later)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G
- Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro
Set up an eSIM on an Apple device
- Go to Settings
- Click on Cellular
- Select Add eSIM
- Press Use QR Code
- Scan the QR Code using Camera App until you see a message that says “A cellular plan from TELUS is ready to be added to the iPhone”
- Choose the labels for each of your cellular plans
- Set your default line
Set up an eSIM on a Samsung Device
- Go to Settings
- Select Connections
- Select SIM card manager
- Select Add Mobile Plan
- Scan QR Code
- Select Preferred SIM
Set up an eSIM on a Google Device
- Go to Settings
- Choose Network and Internet
- Click on the + symbol next to SIMs
- Press Download SIM instead?
- Click on Next
- Choose TELUS as your network provider
- Scan the QR code